4.22.2010

Where does the time go?

I always forget about this thing. But then i remember how fun it is to write down everything that's been going on in life for random people to read, or not. Either way its a lovely way to filter my brain.

I left you last with some heavy news on my part.......school. Yes, i have been enrolled in the Sheffield School for Wedding and Event Planning for the past three months. These months have been a struggle i wont lie. I'm finding it harder than i thought to find the determination and will power to put down the laptop, turn the t.v off and stop napping so i can get some work done. I am on a work at your own pace schedule but i set some goals that i am a little disappointed in myself for not sticking to. Out of six units i will be finishing unit two today. I should be finishing unit three by now. YIKES. That is awful to write down. But with all of this struggle i believe that God will be constantly teaching me so many things about how to be more diligent with my time, with him and with school.

I have recently been pursued by several couples at our church who are getting married this summer. My planning services were offered and sad to say, shut down. This can be very discouraging. My husband keeps reminding me that i must look at all of this as business and not helping friends out. I need to be helping my future career and not botching it by letting my feelings get involved. I've been looking at a lot of planners websites and the way they run their show. A lot of ideas have been cookin in this brain of mine.

I think i will look to the proverbs 31 woman for my encouragement.

"She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come."
Proverbs 31:25

No comments:

Post a Comment